Santa Fe National Forest Waives Fees For National Get Outdoors Day
SANTA FE, NM – The Santa Fe National Forest (SFNF) will waive fees at many recreation sites and amenities on Saturday, June 8, 2019, for National Get Outdoors Day, a day when federal agencies, nonprofit organizations and the recreation industry jointly encourage participation in outdoor activities.
Fee-free days are an opportunity to connect more Americans with their public lands. National Get Outdoors Day was launched in 2008 to get American families into the great outdoors with a special emphasis on children and underserved populations who may not be familiar with national forests and national parks.
Fees at all national forests and grasslands will be waived at many day-use sites, such as picnic grounds, non-reserve campgrounds and developed trailheads, in cooperation with other federal agencies under the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act. Day-use fees will be waived at standard amenity fee sites operated by the Santa Fe National Forest, except for those reserved in advance through Recreation.gov. Concessionaire-operated day-use sites may not be included in the waiver.
The remaining fee waiver dates in 2019 are:
• September 28, National Public Lands Day, the nation’s largest single-day volunteer effort in support of public lands.
• November 11, Veterans Day, which commemorates the end of World War I and pays tribute to all military heroes, past and present.
Visitors to the Santa Fe National Forest are encouraged to contact the appropriate ranger district office to confirm which recreation sites are included in the National Get Outdoors Day fee waiver.
• Coyote Ranger District 575-638-5526
• Cuba Ranger District 575-289-3264
• Jemez Ranger District 575-829-3535
• Pecos/Las Vegas Ranger District
o Pecos Office 505-757-6121
o Las Vegas Office 505-425-3535
• Española Ranger District 505-753-7331