“La Cocina Training” From Farmers Marketing Association Coming To Española
ESPAÑOLA – On Wednesday, May 27 the New Mexico Farmers’ Marketing Association will present the “La Cocina Training” for community members interested in learning about eating healthier, how to access good locally produced food and how to help the larger community engage in healthier eating.
The training will take place from 9:30 – 3:30 at the Española Health Commons in the El Centro Family Health Clinic at 210 Industrial Park Road in Española. Lunch is provided.
Training participants will learn about new SNAP incentives and receive exclusive tools to help engage your community in healthy eating, partner with local farmers’ markets, and more.
The NM Farmers’ Marketing Association says participants will learn about:
- The importance of color in nutrition and in La Cocina
- Cooking and eating healthy on a budget
- Shopping wisely at the Farmers’ Market
- How to effectively partner with your local Farmers’ Market
- How to conduct engaging cooking demonstrations
- Engaging activities for WIC, SNAP and other customers
- SNAP incentive programs
- Your toolkit and its contents
For more information people may contact Susan Wilger at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (575) 313-4720.