The area landscape as seen from the patio of Casa del Sol at Ghost Ranch Education and Retreat Center. Photo courtesy Ghost Ranch/Jamie Clifford
Ghost Ranch Changes Operator
A version of this story was originally published in the Abiquiu News and republished here with their permission. Check out more Abiquiu related news at AbiquiuNews.com
Abuquiu – Ghost Ranch conference & education center north of Abiquiu is undergoing a change in management hands. The action required to transfer the operations of the Ghost Ranch Conference & Education Center from the Presbyterian Mission Agency (PMA) to the National Ghost Ranch Foundation (NGRF), was approved Tuesday, Nov 15 by the Presbyterian Mission Agency Board (PMAB).
Ghost Ranch, one of three national conference centers of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), is located 60 miles northwest of Santa Fe just beyond the town of Abiquiu, New Mexico. It was donated to the Board of Christian Education (BCE) of the PC(USA) in 1955. The Board of Christian Education became one of the Presbyterian Foundation’s constituent corporations upon the merger of the former United Presbyterian Church U.S.A. and the Presbyterian Church U.S. in 1983. Since then, Ghost Ranch has been operated directly by the PMA or its predecessor agencies. The landscape of Ghost Ranch, which is open year-round, encompasses 21,000 acres in northern New Mexico.
The NGRF, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation established in 1972 exclusively to support Ghost Ranch as a ministry of the PC(USA), has been providing financial, operational and volunteer resources for Ghost Ranch.
Today’s action—which will not change Ghost Ranch’s ownership, only its operator—was brought to the full PMAB in a called meeting in closed session as the next step in a process resulting from its approval of three related actions at the September PMAB meeting.