Española Valley Fiber Arts Center Offers Portfolio Preparation Workshop With Lucia Vinograd
A high-quality visual art portfolio is a standard requirement when applying to any visual art school and crucial when seeking career opportunities in the visual arts. A portfolio is a collection of work, that highlights the artist’s skills and ideas and demonstrates creativity, personality, commitment, and potential. A strong portfolio can open door to a successful future as an artist.
This 10-week Portfolio Preparation workshop will offer you the opportunity to build and expand on your existing body of work, to learn about the many job options for artists, and to explore next step towards an art career. The workshop begins Saturday, March 9 and runs through May 11.
The workshop is free and open to high school juniors, seniors and graduates who are preparing for a college level art program or a career in visual art. If you are self-motivated and eager to embark on a creative process through a dedicated studio work, you should apply. Younger students will be considered based on the strength of their work.
This workshop will include:
- An assessment of each students existing portfolio
- Individualized assignments to strengthen portfolio toward specific goals
- Private class time with instructors
- Sketchbook assignment to improve technical skills, to strengthen the conceptual depth and stimulate creativity. Experimentation is encouraged!
- A 1-day class in product photography with the use of EVFAC photo equipment
- Class critiques
- Guidelines for writing Artist Statements
- A final portfolio presentation with NNMC Studio Arts Professor Shane Tolbert
The instructor for this workshop is EVFAC’s Education Coordinator, Lucia Vinograd. Vinograd has been teaching for more than 25 years. She has chaired the Visual Art Departments at three Independent High Schools in Southern California where she taught all levels of painting, drawing, design and AP Portfolio Prep.
This free workshop is made possible by the generous support of the LANL Foundation.
The application process ends February 16. Fill out an application here. For more information contact Lucia Vinograd at… firstname.lastname@example.org.