SANTA FE – – The state of New Mexico has partnered with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to launch a dramatically expanded COVID-19 testing effort across southern New Mexico with the goal of driving down positivity rates to turn “red” counties to “green” and restore the economy of the region.
Beginning Thursday, Nov. 5, the Department of Health will establish 12 new testing sites across southern counties, where skyrocketing positivity rates indicate the virus is spreading rapidly.
“We are working around the clock to expand New Mexico’s testing capacity,” said Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham. “Testing in New Mexico has been and will always be free. It must be accessible and easy. We’re always working on improving that. And together we will beat back this awful virus.”
“More testing does not lead to more cases,” said Lt. Gov. Howie Morales. “More testing helps us identify who is positive and ensure they are informed and are isolated before they spread the virus throughout the community. Testing is an important tool in helping us cut down the spread. I know Southern New Mexico wants to get back to work. Getting tested is an essential step in getting from ‘red’ to ‘green,’ and getting kids safely back in school and more workers safely back to work. The state of New Mexico is grateful to our federal partners for helping to coordinate this important effort in our fight against the virus.”
The following new testing sites will be operational as of Thursday, Nov. 5. Residents must pre-register for a test at www.doineedacovid19test.com.
- Las Cruces: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., New Mexico State University, 3305 Williams Avenue, Las Cruces, NM 88003
- Clovis: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Clovis Community College Gymnasium, 417 Schepps Blvd, Clovis, NM
- Hobbs: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Ralph Tasker Arena, 800 N Jefferson St, Hobbs, NM 88240
- Carlsbad: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., New Mexico State University – Carlsbad, 1500 University Dr, Carlsbad, NM
- Portales: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Eastern NM University Greyhound Stadium, 1751 West University Drive Portales, NM 88130
- Socorro: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., NM Tech, 801 Leroy Pl, Socorro, NM
- Roswell: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Fifth Judicial District Courthouse, 400 N Virginia Ave, Roswell, NM
- Ruidoso: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Fire Station 1, 541 Sudderth Dr., Ruidoso, NM
- Sunland Park/Santa Teresa: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Sunland Park Casino, 1200 Futurity Dr, Sunland Park, NM
- Hatch: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Hatch Community Center, 837 NM-187, Hatch, NM
- Deming: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Valley Learning Center, 2300 E Pine St, Deming, NM 88030
- Alamogordo: 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Alamogordo Civic Center, 800 E 1st St, Alamogordo, NM
The state of New Mexico and its testing partners have processed more than 1.1 million tests since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Visit cv.nmhealth.org for more information on testing sites, behavioral health resources and the state of New Mexico’s pandemic response.