June 19, 2020 (Santa Fe, New Mexico) – The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA), in partnership with state museums, historic sites, and cultural institutions announces the continuation of “Our Fair New Mexico,” a virtual musical concert series featuring performances by musicians living in New Mexico.
Below is the lineup of remaining concerts for June 2020:
- Who: Zillaphyst
- When: Friday, June 19, 7 p.m. (MDT)
- Where: New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science Facebook page
- About the performers: Zillaphyst is a musical being of a monstrous variety: live, completely improvised, and in the moment! The bands’ musical journey can traverse planets of funk, soul, progressive rock, jazz, electronica, and new discoveries along the way.
- Who: ReVoz a dos: Featuring Vicente Griego & Chuscales
- When: Friday, June 21, 3 p.m. (MDT)
- Where: National Hispanic Cultural Center Facebook page
- About the performers: Vicente has devoted his life to the study of Cante Flamenco, the art of flamenco singing. In 1992, he began touring the U.S., Canada, and Latin America with the Jose Greco II Flamenco Dance Company where he was mentored by renowned performers. Chuscales is originally from Spain and comes from a long line of singers and dancers. He began playing the guitar at the age of six and made his professional debut at 14. Chuscales has toured extensively throughout Europe, South America, and Japan.
- Who: Nacha Mendez & G Precious
- When: Friday, June 26, 7 p.m. (MDT)
- Where: New Mexico Arts Facebook page & Museum of Indian Arts & Culture Facebook page
- About Nacha Mendez: A native of New Mexico, Nacha Mendez is an award-winning musical artist, considered to be a pioneer of Latin music. Her talent has graced stages around the world and includes performances with Robert Ashley’s opera company. Since 1990, she has worked on several projects with Steve Peters and has collaborated with writer Melody Sumner Carnahan, visual artist Harmony Hammond, and filmmaker Catherine Gund. In February 2011, Nacha was honored by the New Mexico Committee of the National Museum of Women Artists. Nacha is a recipient of the New Mexico Music Commission’s 2018 Platinum Music Award.
About G Precious: Raised on the Ohkay Owingeh Pueblo, hip-hop artist G Precious has been expressing herself through music for most of her life. Her first album, “On My Shoulders,” was released in 2016, and has since released four additional albums. She is a two-time winner of the New Mexico Music Awards, in the Hip-Hop and Native American categories.