As part of its comprehensive effort to increase access to COVID-19 testing in order to help slow the spread of the virus, CVS Health today announced that children age 12 years and older are eligible for testing at the more than 2,000 test sites located at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru testing locations, starting Friday, September 11.
Additionally, two new COVID-19 test sites will open Friday, September 11 at select CVS Pharmacy drive-thru locations in New Mexico (Albuquerque and Española). A list detailing all of CVS Health’s testing locations in New Mexico and the press release regarding the testing for minors are attached.
Here are the topline points regarding the expanded testing:
- Patients must register in advance at CVS.com to schedule an appointment.
- Minors ages 12 and older are now eligible for COVID-19 testing at CVS Pharmacy drive-thru sites.
- A parent or legal guardian must complete the on-line registration for all minor patients, and patients 12 – 15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when they come to be tested.
- Parents or guardians seeking testing for children under the age of 12 should consult with a pediatrician to identify appropriate testing options.
- Self-swab tests are no cost to patients and will be available to individuals meeting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention criteria.
To date, CVS Health has administered more than three million COVID-19 tests since launching its first test site in March.
Here is a link to a set of downloadable media assets, including executive interviews, b-roll and photos of our drive-thru test sites.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Director | Strategic Communications
The Glover Park Group
e: firstname.lastname@example.org | o: 202-741-1999