City Council Passes Budget: No Furloughs For City Employees
ESPAÑOLA – After an intense budget workshop July 7, Española City Council convened Monday, July 20, to pass the final FY2016 Budget Resolution.
Approved changes to the budget from the July 7 meeting included:
– Removal of mandatory furloughs
– Corrected salary schedules to reflect payroll
– Adjustments to the municipal court salary schedule to reflect the payroll schedule
– Increases funding to fulfill additional maintenance work order requests
– Increases to allow for professional development
The $25,415 salary increase for the municipal court staff person was offset by increases to court fines and correction fees.
Mayor Alice A. Lucero commended City Manager, Kelly Duran for requesting to lower his own pay from $100,000 to $94,000k and commended the timely manner and overall balanced budget the staff was able to obtain. Mayor Lucero ended the discussion by thanking each department head for sacrificing from their budget and noted that the, “good news is no furloughs for employees.”