“Camp Stars” Summer Educational Enrichment Camp Opens Registration
Espanola – McCurdy Ministries Camp Stars summer educational enrichment camp atarts June 15 and is now accepting student registrations. Camp Stars, sponsored by McCurdy Ministries, is a summer educational enrichment camp combining the best of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education and vacation bible school for students who have completed Pre-K through fifth grade. Camp Stars will launch on the McCurdy campus June 15, 2015. Research shows students who participate in a year round learning retain learning better and start the next school year ahead of their classmates. McCurdy Ministries is perfectly positioned to provide a safe, fun environment for the summer. The scripture theme for the camp will be, “When I look up at your skies, at what your fingers made- the moon and the stars that you set firmly in place- what are human beings that you think about them; what are human being that you pay attention to them?” Psalm8:3-4
There will be openings as follows:
- 20 kindergarten, first and second grade students
- 15 third and fourth grade students
- 15 fifth and sixth grade students
- For a total of 50 students.
- A waiting list will be kept if enrollment exceeds class size.
- Tuition for the first child in any household will be $55 per week, the second and third child will be $45. Full payment for the entire summer program will be expected upon registration.
- There will be a $10 registration fee due when the application is submitted, which is nonrefundable.
- Tuition will include snacks, lunch.
- The Montei Foundation has granted McCurdy Ministries an award that will help make the cost of Camp Stars be affordable to parents.
For parents or guardians who can prove their child is enrolled in the free/reduced lunch program for the 2014-2015 school year, needs based assistance scholarships may be available for children.
Families whose children qualify for free lunches may be awarded a $200 reduction, per child, to defray the total summer tuition.
Families whose children qualify for the reduced lunch program may be awarded a $150.00 reduction, per child, to defray the total summer tuition.
To apply when you register your child for Camp Stars please bring proof of your child’s participation in the Free/Reduced Lunch Program for the 2014-2015 school year to Denise London in the McCurdy Ministries Business Office.
There will be an open application process for the camp starting May 11, 2015, for McCurdy Charter School students and open to the entire community on May 26, 2015.
The camp will be open for six weeks starting June 15 and ending July 28. There will be a two day break for 4th of July week. The camp will run from 8 AM to 3PM daily. Each day an age appropriate learning center rotational model with five stations will be used with science, math, games, arts and crafts and story-telling/drama/music stations. Technology and engineering will be woven through each rotation.
Sponsored by McCurdy Ministries, 261 S. McCurdy Road, Española, NM 87532
PLEASE CALL 505-753-7221, EXT. 210 TO ARRANGE TO PICK UP THE APPLICATION PACKET.