Bikes at the 2014 Bike Swap. courtesy photo
Bike & Gear Swap This Saturday, June 6
LOS ALAMOS – The fourth Annual Bike & Gear Swap this Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. at the Co+op is the perfect time to support your summer outdoor adventures and the local Tuff Riders – the local 501 c 3 nonprofit International Mountain Bike Association chapter. Drop off items you no longer use at the Co+op Thursday or Friday and purchase items Saturday for enjoying the outdoors this summer.
If you want to sell items, drop off equipment at the Co+op Thursday or Friday, June 4, or 5 between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m.. Ask for the outreach coordinator, Sandra West, at the customer service desk. Please allow time to fill out sale tickets and attach them to your items. The Co+op will store all dropped-off equipment in secured storage.
Sellers receive 85 percent of the ticket price for all items sold, and 15 percent of the proceeds go to Tuff Riders. The Co+op will pay sellers starting at 1:30 p.m. following the Bike & Gear Swap. Sellers will receive payments as cash for amounts under $100 and checks for amounts exceeding $100. Sellers who do not pick up their proceeds by 9 p.m. Saturday, June 6 will obtain a check via mail if an address is provided. Please pick up any unsold items between noon and 9 p.m. following the Bike & Gear Swap. Any items not picked up by 9 p.m. will be donated to a local nonprofit.
Los Alamos Co+op Market exists so that:
1. Its communities have conveniently located, welcoming, accessible places to buy a variety of foods and products including local, healthy and natural foods;
2. Our community has a thriving marketplace where people want to shop, work and be;
3. Our member owners’ goal of increased environmental sustainability is achieved;
4. It provides quality employment opportunities in an enjoyable, stimulating and cooperative environment;
5. Local producers have an expanding opportunity to sell their products.