Bike And Outdoor Gear Swap In Los Alamos Saturday

by Reporter / May 16, 2019 / 0 comments

Bike And Outdoor Gear Swap In Los Alamos Saturday

The 8th Annual Bike and Outdoor Gear Swap from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday, May 18, is at a different location this year: the Pueblo Gym at 1900 Diamond Dr. This free event is the perfect venue to sell items that would otherwise collect dust in the closet, shed, or garage, and participating helps support the Los Alamos Tuff Riders. Those who are looking for gear to help them enjoy the summer are likely to find what they need at a great price. The Tuff Riders will have knowledgeable volunteers, including bike mechanics, on hand to help.

The swap isn’t limited to bikes—all summer outdoor gear is welcome. Now is a great time to set aside gear that could use a new home and to register online to sell it at the swap. There will also be a paper registration option the day before the swap.

To sell items, visit http://tuffriders.losalamos.com/gearswap/ and register as a seller. It is free to register, and the seller keeps 85% of their sales. The other 15% supports the Tuff Riders. The online system allows sellers to enter items and print tags which sellers attach to their gear from the convenience of their own home. The system will also allow sellers to see which items sold just after the swap. Don’t want to use the online system? Paper registration forms will be available before the swap: Friday, May 17, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Saturday, May 18, from 7:00 to 7:30 a.m.

The Tuff Riders will also accept donated items before the swap, from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, May 17, and 7 to 7:30 a.m. Saturday, May 18  All proceeds earned from donated items will support the Tuff Riders.

Unsold items can be picked up from 12 to 1 p.m. Items that do not sell and are not picked up by the seller will be given to a local non-profit. Last year the Los Alamos High School Mountain Bike Club picked up the remaining items.

Volunteers are appreciated, and receive special behind-the-scenes perks, including early access to bikes and gear. To volunteer, call the event organizers at (505) 500-4272.

Details:

Phone: (505) 500-4272

Address: The Bike and Outdoor Gear Swap will be held at the Pueblo Gym (1900 Diamond Dr., Los Alamos, NM) on Saturday, May 18 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Website: http://tuffriders.losalamos.com/gearswap/

Bikes and gear went quickly in the first few hours of the 2016 swap. Courtesy photo

The Los Alamos Tuff Riders Mountain Bike Club is a 501(c)3 non-profit chapter of the International Mountain Bicycling Association. The club is dedicated to providing fun, social mountain bike rides and events for all ages and skill levels, helping to maintain our extensive trail network, and encouraging people to enjoy the outdoors. The Tuff Riders are most known for the weekly rides that leave promptly at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays from Sullivan Field. These rides are open to all, and they are great for meeting nice people and learning the local trails. For more information about the Los Alamos Tuff Riders, visit http://tuffriders.losalamos.com.

 

 

 

Comments (0)

Leave a comment

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.